Thursday, October 1, 2009

Installations at Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Oregon


Permanently installed my latest artworks in the new Oregon wine country luxury hotel -- The Allison Inn & Spa. These were painted using pigments from the soils excavated for the hotel construction. One is a quintych portraying the cumulation of Missoula Flood sediments and soil development (named Slackwater Terroir)(pictured above) and the other gives the impression of what glacial Lake Allison looked like at the hotel site during one of the floods (Glacial Meltwater).

Nearly all of my publications of the past several years each have an accompanying painting. I now find my advancement in science walks hand-in-hand with my art. So, these paintings have two scientific journal papers as accompaniment.

No comments:

Post a Comment